CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

12.26.2012

Almost a New Year!

I don't know bout y'all, but I am READY for a new year!  2012 was a busy BUSY year!  But God is good... and He's good ALL THE TIME!

I've had some health struggles this past year, and I am leaning on my Lord to get me thru this new chapter in my life.... August was 36 years of marriage to Steve ... my best friend.  I am really enjoying growing old with him, altho I must say, he's doing a much better job than me!  It was also the year I turned the big 6-0 ... but I figure it's only a number, and the life I led before coming to know the Lord was not conducive for living to be this old ... that's all I'll say about that.  So I am very thankful to be on this side of the dirt, and enjoying life and family :)

Awesome Retreat Teachers
In Sept, we had the 2012 Circle of Friends Retreat in Branson ... it is a project of the HGTV Quilters & Needlework Forum on HGTV.com.  They are a group of cyber friends who form  friendships online, and sometimes we are fortunate enough to be able to meet them!  I was that lucky last year and this year... and we had a GREAT time... lots of door prizes, lots of games, lots of good times and projects!  We had some good teachers for our classes, and I think (I hope) everyone had a good time and enjoyed the festivities!  I'd like to thank my AWESOME retreat team ... Crazy'boutquilts (Sandie), SDGranny (Mary),  Shauna and Rainbow.  Without all their help and support, it would have been a dud ... but they sure came through with lots of creative ideas, and kept me going when I had no energy left to give.  THANK YOU FRIENDS!

We also did the Crayola Challenge Quilt Raffle, which benefitted the new Ronald McDonald House just opened in Springfield, and it's their second!  I think that say alot about the care for children that our hospitals offer!  We gave away 26 quilts, and donated $3651 to the new House... and at the end of retreat, I took the leftover funds and bought a microwave for the new kitchen, as well as a Kitchen Aide mixer ... along with the ice cream attachment and a cookbook for ice cream!  That way the families can come in after a long day and have some wonderful homemade treat!  The volunteers who work at the RMH are wonderful, caring people, and I know the families are thankful for their support.

OK ...  after all that, I kinda fried my brain, but I am REALLY feeling good these days, and am ready for the NEW YEAR!  My Crazy friend has challenged me for next year ... we've decided that 2013 will be OUR year for sewing! Lots of quilts, lots of volunteer projects, lots of FUN!  You can find the Crazy one over at her blog www.crazyboutquilts.blogspot.com .  She's my mentor where quilting is concerned, and I would have given up a long time ago had it not been for her encouragement and support!

So ... this is a new road I'm on ... I'm sure the Crazy one will be around to "inspire" me to keep up on my blogging as well as my other fun for 2013!  I'll be hosting a pin cushion swap right after the first of the year, so I will post a little to-do about that as well.  Till then ... Have a GREAT week y'all :)  

1 comment:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

LOL my favorite orange chicken, it has been a really fun year! And I'm looking forward to more fun in 2013! let's get our engines running!! :-)